Come join us! We are helping to make the world a better place by supporting, collaborating with, and advising global companies in their efforts to enhance ethical and compliant corporate behavior and build strong ethical cultures!
Ethisphere is actively recruiting a Director of Business Development for the Midwest. The successful candidate will create new (and extend existing) relationships with a portfolio of clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. Key contacts are typically the General Counsel or Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer at Fortune 1000 companies.
The Director will represent Ethisphere and consult with companies as they consider the benefits of joining the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA) and scope out potential Advisory Services engagements. The Director will also collaborate with senior executives at existing BELA member companies and help further their goals of enhancing their respective corporate ethical cultures and advancing their ethics and compliance programs globally.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of sales experience in the compliance/legal field is preferred. Familiarity of the elements of a strong ethics and compliance program are a plus. Must have ability to work from a home-office setting.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Lauren Drake.
- Be the primary point of contact, own the full sales life cycle and build long-term relationships with customers
- Generate new leads and prospects through email, phone, online and in-person meetings
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Cultivate and grow existing BELA memberships
- Update job knowledge and display intellectual curiosity relevant to the role by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Personal commitment to strong ethical practices and an interest in helping companies advance a strong ethical corporate culture and support corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Proven sales success and a history of maintaining executive-level relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Expert at Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Salesforce and help desk support software
Remote Position Hiring in Chicago, IL or Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)