Come join us! Ethisphere is helping to make the world a better place by building software to promote global companies in their efforts to enhance ethical and compliant corporate behavior and build strong ethical cultures! Our clients are typically high-end professionals, General Counsel or Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer at Fortune 1000 companies.
Ethisphere is actively recruiting an API and database developer. The successful candidate will have experience creating APIs and heavily optimized database schemas in a production setting. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to contribute to a project from conceptualization to final product, with requisite project management and attention to details.
Experience in the compliance/legal field is highly beneficial, but not required. Familiarity of the elements of a strong ethics and compliance program are a plus. Must have ability to work from a home-office setting.
Ethisphere is developing a content engine that is heavily focused on tagging and recommendation capabilities. The role in question will aid in development on this new product which will be used to expose Ethisphere’s content across multiple products.
Our applications are used to aggregate and render statistics of ethics and policy survey data from large company respondent bases. Scoring is generated based on data aggregated for company internal and cross-comparison from an ethics perspective. Many toolsets are being developed to greatly enhance the comparison possibilities and to better leverage the amazing data companies are finding our applications so valuable for.
- Developing APIs for use between Ethisphere applications and external third-party services
- Aiding in development of a tagging and recommendation engine for Ethisphere content
- Optimization of queries and data generation methods
- Utilizing git for version control
- Operating in a rapidly iterative and agile-based development lifecycle
- Personal commitment to strong ethical practices and an interest in helping companies advance a strong ethical corporate culture and support corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Computer Science degree preferred but not required, depending on experience
- Proficiency in Laravel using PHP7
- Proficiency using PostgreSQL
- Experience developing APIs
- Experience with other database technologies such as document store and graph is a plus
- Experience investigating and becoming effective in legacy codebases
This is a remote contractor position for up to five months with possibility of full-time work afterwards
To Apply: Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Charlie Vanek.