Summary of the wide-ranging discussions at the event now available alongside videos of all sessions at the Summit
New York, NY– June 3, 2016– The Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, announced the release of a compendium of content and videos from the 8th Annual Global Ethics Summit® and the World’s Most Ethical Company® Gala dinner. More than 450 global executives joined together at the Summit, held on March 9-10th in New York, to share leading practices to help companies improve performance and build sustainable, long-term enterprises.
“We are honored to gather and share the expert insights from our esteemed faculty, delegates and supporters who participated in the most recent summit,” said Ethisphere’s Chief Executive Officer, Timothy Erblich. “Companies play a critical role in the global ecosystem and many who lead with integrity do much to effect positive change in the world. Events like the Global Ethics Summit enable the sharing of knowledge and experience that furthers the link between corporate ethics, trust and overall business performance.”
Attendees engaged a long list senior leaders on a range of topics, including:
- Patricia Diaz Dennis, Board Member at United States Steel Company, on how important it is for the tone set by the Board to make its way to middle management;
- Alex Dimitrief, General Counsel at GE, on how companies across industries need to collaborate and share leading practices;
- Sharon Ryan, GC & Corporate Secretary at International Paper, on the broad role of Corporate Secretaries in creating the agenda for productive board interaction;
- Ivan Fong, Chief Legal Officer at 3M, on global macro economic trends and growth;
- Richard Davis, Chairman and CEO at US Bancorp, on the way a focus on ethics translates into a remarkable relationship with customers
- Paula Loop, Leader of PwC’s Governance Insights Center, on the board’s role in risk management;
- Melissa Stapleton Barnes, Sr. VP Enterprise Risk Management at Eli Lilly, on integrity, passion and a speak up culture.
The lunch keynote featured Brad Katsuyama, CEO and Co-Founder of IEX Group, who spoke passionately about the need for financial transparency in our markets. Other panels included:
- View from the Board: How the Board Committees Support the Compliance Function
- CEOs, the Ethical Advantage and Performance
- Beyond the Hotline: Creating an Open Reporting Culture at Your Company
- Diversity & Inclusion: More than a Board Issue
- Beyond Legal Leadership: Today’s Chief Legal Officer, Global Strategy and Brand Stewardship
- The New Model for Investing: Linking Enhanced Corporate Value to Sustainability & Ethical Practices
“While the faculty at the Global Ethics Summit is always impressive, this year is the best I’ve seen,” said Erica Salmon Byrne, EVP of Governance and Compliance at Ethisphere, and Executive Director of the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA), a membership community of companies who share leading practices across a global network. “The attendees, too, are some of the most senior business, legal, compliance and governance professionals, and the commitment to share leading practices to improve performance is truly inspiring.”
If you missed the event, download the write-up now at http://insights.ethisphere.com/best-practices-and-key-takeaways-from-the-2016-global-ethics-summit/, and watch videos from panels of interest at https://youtu.be/J-8VvDFD-PM?list=PLbaF22DTAwE-kJQOPLwhZWdeg52pEKWMx.
Pre-registration for the 2017 Global Ethics Summit taking place in New York March 15-16, 2017 is now available at a hugely discounted rate, learn more and register here.
About the Ethisphere Institute
The Ethisphere® Institute is the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices that fuel corporate character, marketplace trust and business success. Ethisphere has deep expertise in measuring and defining core ethics standards using data-driven insights that help companies enhance corporate character. Ethisphere honors superior achievement through its World’s Most Ethical Companies® recognition program, provides a community of industry experts with the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA) and showcases trends and best practices in ethics with the publication of Ethisphere magazine. More information about Ethisphere can be found at: https://ethisphere.com.